iLAZ Laser hair removal
At iLaz Laser Hair Removal, we’re committed to providing our clients with the highest level of personalized care and laser hair removal services using our medical grade laser, the Quanta Pronto. With its blended 810-940 nm diode wavelengths, it safely targets dark hair on a variety of skin tones. Our trained and highly experienced professionals strive to make each treatment as easy and efficient as possible. At iLaz we pride ourselves on excellent service and competitive pricing. Many clients are surprised by the affordability of our laser treatments. We are conveniently located at keystone at the crossing, serving everyone in central Indiana. Make this the day you ditch your razor, cancel your standing wax appointment, and say goodbye to ingrown hairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Laser hair removal
Does laser hair removal work on all hair colors?
While laser settings can be adapted for different hair colors, laser hair removal is most effective on dark, coarse hair and is less effective on fine, light hair. During a pre-treatment consultation, a technician will determine if the treatment will work for you.
Does it hurt?
Patients usually report minor pain similar to small pin pricks during the procedure. For a few days after the treatment, the treated area may be slightly red and inflamed.
Should I shave, wax, or pluck before laser hair removal?
It is recommended that you shave with a clean, new razor the day before the treatment so the lasers can better locate the follicles. Don’t wax or pluck as that disturbs the follicle and can interfere with the success of the treatment. You should wait at least six weeks after waxing before receiving laser hair removal.
Can I wear makeup or deodorant on the treatment areas before the treatment?
Any makeup or deodorant on the treatment areas should be removed prior to treatment.
Who can get laser hair removal?
Both women and men can benefit from laser hair removal.
How long is a typical treatment?
The Quanta Pronto is the fastest hair removal diode on the market, making treatments quicker than ever. Small areas such as the upper lip and navel can be treated in 1-2 minutes. Larger areas can take upwards of 30-45 minutes.
Pre and post care
- Avoid the sun for 2-4 weeks before and after the treatment. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least 30 SPF (we recommend 8-9% zinc oxide). Re-apply every 2-3 hours as needed. Remember that clothing and hats do not give complete protection from UV radiation.
- Avoid electrolysis, plucking, and/or waxing for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy should be started the day before treatment and continued as needed up to one week after the treatment.
- The use of tanning creams, tanning beds, or bronzers must be discontinued before and during treatments.
- Immediately after treatment there may be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site. This usually lasts 2 hours or longer. The erythema may last up to 10 days. The treatment area may feel like a sunburn for a few hours after the treatment, but it will subside.
- Apply ice as needed.
- Hydrocortisone may be used for 3-5 days post treatment.
- No heat, such as saunas, steam rooms, Jacuzzis, extremely hot showers, or strenuous activities. No prolonged heat for a minimum of 48 hours post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure to avoid hypo-pigmentation and hyper-pigmentation.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated areas. Please do not use any hair removal products or similar treatments (i.e. electrolysis, plucking, and/or waxing). Those will disturb the hair follicle. Shaving is permitted.
- Up to 2 weeks post treatment you will notice shedding of the treated hair. This is not new growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth.
- Treat your skin gently for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least 30 SPF (we recommend 8-9% zinc oxide) and protect the treated area from sunlight for a month. Sun exposure may cause hyper-pigmentation. Re-apply every 2-3 hours as needed. Remember that clothing and hats do not give complete protection from UV radiation. Sunscreen: Elta, Neova, Rhonda Allison, or Skin Medic